This is a private course available to PYP Facilitators and Coordinators. If you are interested in becoming a PYP Facilitator, the best place to start is to complete our Foundational Training and submitting an application to become a PYP Facilitator.
Goal: To prepare PYP Facilitators to develop new PYP programs.
Estimated Time: 3-5 hours
- Facilitators will reflect on the shared mission and vision of Prison Yoga Project.
- Facilitators will review relevant data in order to descrive the scientific benefits of yoga for system-impacted people.
- Facilitators will review PYP’s point of view on funding programs and learn the different ways to resource a program.
- Facilitators will review a summary of program structure, logistics, and equipment to build a PYP program.
- Facilitator will read about the role of community building and outreach in establishing a PYP Program.
- Facilitators wil read the steps to make a PYP Program official, and complete a final “quiz” to submit to the PYP Programs team.
Lesson 2: Yoga and Mindfulness as Evidence-Based Practice for Addressing Crime, Addiction, and Mental Illness 1 Topic
0% Complete 0/4 Steps
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!