Previously Incarcerated Series featuring former Participant, Danny Plunkett

Join us as our founder, James Fox, sits down with former participant, Danny Plunkett, to witness his lived experience of incarceration and transformation through meditation and yoga.

RSVP HERE: https://community.prisonyoga.org/event/the-journey-inward-previously-incarcerated-series-with-former-participant-danny-plunkett/

Our guest this week is named Danny Plunkett, a previous participant with James Fox at San Quentin, who spent 29 years incarcerated. James Fox will be leading this interview discussing how yoga and meditation supported Danny while he was incarcerated, how yoga supports him now, and more.

We have a personal statement from Danny we would love to share with you:

“I am 51 years old. I was incarcerated for 29 years for murder and robbery. I have been out for about 2 and a half years. I don’t remember what year I started to practice yoga utilizing your book but it was at least 3 years before I transferred to San Quentin. I don’t really consider myself as having a practice, however, until I started your class in 2013. I was a big meditation practitioner but Yoga for me is a form of meditation and it magnified what benefits I gained from simple meditation. I don’t know where I would be without those benefits, possibly still or back in prison. Yoga and meditation are vital to me being able to manage my emotions. Inside and out, the ability to stop, breathe and connect to my eternal self regardless of what circumstances I am facing or in the middle of is vital and proven to me to be a priceless gift.”

Responses