Continuing the Conversation: Power & Privilege

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Sometimes when our virtual time together ends, the conversations still linger! If you would like to add any thoughts, reactions, or insights that were not touched upon or elaborated in our group discussion from 1/27 on Power & Privilege and the Wheel of Power, please feel free to offer your comments here!

In this space we share our learning and curiosity without judgment, but to hold space for one another to understand and deepen our awareness...

(@dharmaokemah)
Estimable Member

I am still sitting quite heavy with that image. Even though I was raised around around my Indigeneous culture by my family. I still look and appear white. I've spent the better part of my life fighting social justice issues, all the while coming from an upper white middle class family (mid 60's-forward).  So this was way before the "white priviliged" talk came into our existence. Even though I identify Indigeneous, that presentation still has me trippin on how I may still be blind to my "priviliges". So this week I want to invite the awareness of any priviliges I may be blind to that it be made aware to me. 

ReplyQuote