5 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hello All!

This week's at-home mindfulness activity involves bringing your awareness to your Posture and your Breath throughout the week in preparation to share your observations in a small group break-out session. Review the suggestions below to support you as you explore this activity and prepare to share.

Posture:

As you go about the events of your daily life, take time to bring your awareness to your posture and how you move and hold your body in stillness and action. Without seeking an assumed "look" for your posture, notice when you are comfortable and notice when your body may benefit from a shift or adjustment. Make note of two to four times during the week you altered your posture by bringing awareness to it. What did you do? How did it feel? What did you notice about your awareness and presence when focusing on your posture?

Breath:

Similar to observing your posture, notice fluctuations in your natural breathing patterns as you navigate your week. Does your breath change as you act/interact in certain environments? When might awareness of your breath support you? What thoughts, activities, or actions influence your breath? Do you notice any patterns? How might you share breath awareness and self-regulation with your group? Prepare two to four examples to share.

Feel free to utilize this space to share observations as you practice this activity. We also encourage you to journal your observations and experience.

Love & Light to you all!

Sabitri and Harold reacted
(@dharmaokemah)
Estimable Member

I spent most of the day in front of my computer (desktop). My chair is a very nice orthopedic computer chair but I can still find my willy nilly ways to sit that is all funky. Today I was more mindful of my posture asking what is more loving on my spine? I breathe into that spinal area. I also found by being more mindful of my posture in my chair my neck did not hurt by the end of the day as much either. Something to be said about the willy nilly by product I suppose. 

ReplyQuote
(@dharmaokemah)
Estimable Member

Breathing for me today was quite an issue. My sinuses continued to plague me and I could not breathe through my nose. So I jumped into my virilent mode. Grabbed my XlearMax and Xlear Rescue. I swear by this stuff and the science behind it, as it clears up congestion immediately but also can prevent the covid virus from attaching to the nasal cavity and growing. By 6pm I was able to breathe comfortably enough through my nose. Today also was a challeng on walking with my neuropathy. However combined I pushed through. I begin to be more aware of my posture and body during the morning and day. When I notied pain I shifted weight an position. I also moved and wiggled my toes and aligned my spine. Somehow I have turned on this "Mindfulness Bell" which gongs the bell 3 times ever 30 minutes. I can't figure out how to turn it off. So I am using it to also every 30 min to become aware of my breathing and posture. Just aware, observing, taking note. Shifting if needed but mostly watching and observing. 

ReplyQuote
(@tyrinrogersgmail-com)

As a young child I had a tendency of walking with my head down, my father would always remind me "Son" walk with your head always held high. So now out of conscious I walk head held high with a straight back and the awareness is amazing being aware and alert while intentionally breathing is such a benefit I'm learning to listen to myself more.   

ReplyQuote
(@caitlyncamardellegmail-com)

One thing I noticed about my posture this week is how much I shift and lean to the left. I stand at work for 8 hours a day at a bakery/takery/restaurant. I constantly put all my weight on my left leg and pop my left hip out a little. Every time I noticed it, I fixed my posture so that I was standing straight, with both feet planted on the floor. My left hip flexor is much tighter compared to the right. I have noticed this since I started practicing yoga. I was referred to the emotional pain body chart. What I found actually made some sense to me. Has anyone else looked into this?

ReplyQuote