Notifications
Clear all

5/11/23 Week 17 Reflections (After Watching to Recording)

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

5/11/23 Session Recording

Journal Prompts Slide deck

For this week's reflection, please journal the prompts offered at the start of the session. Consider sharing one or two thoughts/realizations you may have had during this activity. 

This topic was modified 12 months ago by Jen

(@maziedean13gmail-com)

Reflections:

I am becoming a trauma informed yoga teacher - I felt relaxed and a softening with this statement. Afterwards though I felt a sense of nervousness when I started to think of the final coming up next week.

Where do I feel connection? - This is something that has felt a little more heavy than the previous statements. I often feel most connected when I am alone, with my dog or when I am in nature. I had to reflect recently because I still have a desire to connect with a community and with my family so seeing where I may still be holding some kind of resistance with that type of connection.

What am I still curious to learn? -  this training has inspired me to want to go back to school to study psychology because I found it so interesting to learn more about trauma and how that affects our mind, body and spirits. I also am very interested to learn more about ayurveda and would like to have more training on that topic in the future.

ReplyQuote
(@jennievtcmonterey-org)

Community: I have had this urge to be more involved in the community. I feel like there is this urgent need to be involved with the underserved populations and give what I can to those that are less fortunate than me. Within that, I also have realized that I sometime pour from an empty bucket. I forget about myself and taking care of ME, that I am not able to give back to my community in the way that I want/need. 

What does service mean to me: It means giving back. It makes me think of all the organizations that I could start to be a part of and choose where I can be of service to others. I believe that being of service is a part of my make up. I think that my true calling is to help people, whatever that looks like moving forward. I don't feel complete unless I am helping others in some way shape or form. 

ReplyQuote