3 Users
2 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

3/7/24 Live Session Recording

Brahmacharya and Strength & Mobility Slides

Greetings! If you were unable to attend March 7th's session live, please watch the recording as you are able and record your reflection in the thread below. Please share your thoughts/reactions/questions about the discussion of Brahmacharya (Moderation). Consider any additional views you hold that may not have been discussed. Please also share your reflection on the discussion and workshop of Strength & Mobility as well as the postures reviewed.

As always, please keep in mind the topics we discuss may be activating, emotional, or frustrating. Consider scheduling time to talk one to one with me about any of the topics discussed during live sessions. You can access my calendar here.

Lisa
(@lisacchoc)

Hello Fellow YTT Peeps!

After our session last Thursday, I woke up Friday morning with this song in my head....

Bing Videos

: )

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hstroud22outlook-com)

Moderation: I have always thought of this in terms of consumption such as food. It is interesting that this spans almost every area of our lives. The idea of need vs want is one that is a struggle. As I see the world around me, I am influenced by media and social media and all other areas of some sort of societal pressure. I think that bringing this all into balance could truly create greater peace and happiness. There is defiantly an overwhelming feeling of stimuli in the environment with the use of smart phones. Everywhere we go I see people disengaged in each other and focused on their phones. I think we all fall into this category on some form or another. I can remember a time without a phone and having only one television in the family. There were less distractions and more creative and imaginative play happening when I was a child. I would entertain myself by being outside. I can't imagine how this will impact the growth and development of our youth. It is interesting to think about how this impacts us down to the level of our nervous system. Moderation in all forms be it food consumption, retail consumption, technology consumption, or even the negative self dialogue just seems overwhelming to think about. I can see how meditation and yoga can be essential in order to quiet the mind and the body in world that over consumes.

Strength and Mobility:

I liked the demonstrations of these different postures and how they can be modified. I took away from this is that we can add any typical kind of posture and breaking it down in its simplest form and then start to wake up that body part and move it slowly and thoughtfully. I have never taken a yoga class that has broken it down into small achievable movements instead of going straight into a Triangle Pose. Triangle Pose has always been a hard pose for me and doing this the way it was shown in class made it seem a lot more achievable and less daunting.

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote