4 Users
3 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

4/4/24 Live Session Recording

Tapas Slide Presentation

Grand Day to you! If you were unable to join the live session, kindly watch the recording as you are able. You may notice that the length of the recordings have lessened. This is due to the longer breakout sessions for practical sequencing workshops. 

Please share your reflection of the discussion of Tapas (discipline). Please also consider what you may offer for half of a trauma-informed sequence. Please choose the half of the sequence you did not choose after watching or attending the 3/28 session. Please consider scheduling office hours, reaching out to your fellow learners to share practice time, or seeking a willing volunteer from your friends, family, or co-workers.

Jade
(@jaderichettalehighcounty-org)

What came to mind when discussing Tapas is my experience growing up with corporal/physical punishment by my family. Most of that is accompanied by uncomfortable feelings, like a few others in the group had brought up. Being in sports with a lot of internal and outside pressure caused me to develop an unhealthy relationship with discipline. It was an all or nothing approach, which I have had to work on breaking out of. I have brought these ideals into my work and personal life sometimes leading to burnout followed by complete abandonment. I agree with what Irene said about finding that sustainable balance!

Focusing on the 2nd half of trauma informed sequencing: I want to offer versions of sun salutation, maybe flowing into triangle, and brief centering in between poses. Connection & Focus-2 postures to really focus on. Choose from camel, bow, tree, 1 legged standing, single knee hold. Integration & Relaxation-2 or 3 from the following. seated forward fold, seated twist, supine twist, shavasana or short guided meditation. Closing breath work-1 breathing technique to work on (ujayi, 4 part, alternate nostril)

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina-pendergraphicloud-com)

My attendance was not recorded for this session. I was logged in and listening and logged out right as the breakout sessions were starting. The session I actually missed was 3/13 and have watched that recording.  

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lisa
(@lisacchoc)

I actually replied yesterday but it is not here.......so hopefully this review makes it...; )

I watched the Recording twice on Tapas...my initial reaction was, "I suck at self-discipline; I often practice self-sabotage and a feeling of being lazy."

Then, I thought about what Angie and Jen mentioned about being disciplined for others and I do that really well!  I realized that the patterns I have developed of providing and doing for others and making sure I am on top of things for others has been a part of my life for decades.  And I am aware of this, and it is going to take a while before I feel 'normal' about valuing self-discipline for myself.  I do have timeframes of self-discipline but it's usually secondary.  Maybe it is an excuse..?   Perhaps I value myself less?  Mmmm

What also came up for me was my mother.  She was strict.  

I know that balance is the key.  I need to be kind to myself.  Don't sweat the small stuff and it is all small stuff!  : )

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote