Optional Session Recordings

9 Posts
4 Users
7 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here you will find the recordings to the optional discussion and movement sessions offered. Because these sessions are not required, there will be no reflection prompts offered to comment on if you choose to review the content. Please feel free to still offer any thoughts or questions you may have!

7/11/23 Optional Discussion Recording- Mindful Awareness & Sequencing Q&A
7/12/23 Optional Movement Session Recording- Full Weight Bearing Sequence w/Standing Chair Support
7/18/23 Optional Discussion Recording- Further Discussion of the Nervous System & Yoga
7/19/23 Optional Movement Session Recording- Trauma-informed Chair Practice #1
8/1/23 Optional Discussion Recording- Anatomy of Feet, Knees, Hips, & Spine(Videos used during the session are linked to the anatomical words)
8/2/23 Optional Movement Session Recording- Trauma-Informed Sequence w/Seated Energetic Release & Relaxation w/standing postures
8/8/23 - Discussion Canceled
8/9/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Full Floor Practice (Seated, Kneeling, & Supine - No Standing)
8/15/23 Optional Discussion Recording- Avoiding the Yoga Show & Safe Cueing
8/16/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Class offering for Known Participants
8/22/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Movement options for Spinal Injury & TBI w/Guest Facilitator & YTT Mentor Tiffany B-N
8/23/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Creating Movement Sequence Resources (Yoga Posture Stick Figure Art)
8/29/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Story Share & Chakra Discussion w/Guest Facilitator & YTT Mentor Amber B
9/5/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Fascia, Connective Tissue, & Self Massage Demo
9/6/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Normalizing Props w/Known Participants
9/12/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Vayus & Bandhas (Prana Energy & Energy Locks) Slide Deck
9/13/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - TIY for New Participants (No Props Available)
9/19/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Themes and Setting Intentions in TIY Practices Slide Deck
9/20/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Balance Theme w/Guided Meditation w/Guest Facilitator & YTT Mentor, Kristie T
9/26/23 Optional Discussion Recording - Meditation Practices for TIY
9/27/23 - Movement Session Canceled
10/3/23 - Optional Discussion Q&A Not Recorded. Please connect with Jen to discuss any content questions you may have!
10/4/23 Optional Movement Session Recording - Experiencing Alternate Movement & Range of Motion Workshop

This topic was modified 10 months ago 2 times by Jen
This topic was modified 9 months ago 8 times by Jen
This topic was modified 8 months ago 8 times by Jen
This topic was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Jen

Eric
(@eric-norrby)

When I first became a certified scuba diver, the first thing they taught us was that "breathing is good". At the time, I did not realize how much this applies to other than diving. Thank you for focusing on pranayama.

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jill
(@jilltop10gmail-com)

I just finished the movement sequence and it was so good. I really appreciate being able to go through a full sample session. It felt great and accessible - both as a student as well as a future instructor. I look forward to additional sequences, as well as revisiting this recording regularly. Thanks, Jen!

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsu3521charter-net)

7-19-23 chair yoga session was extremely helpful for me. I felt it was a refudging session that provided me comfort, ease, and safety!  I have decided to practice this particular sequence for 40 days, so that my brain and body will remember to naturally integrate these meaningful relaxing skills whenever I need them and wherever I go.    Thank you!!!    

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsu3521charter-net)

Thank you for the 8/9/23 full floor, seated, kneeling and supine poses sequences. I wish I had known this type of floor/bunk practices during covid years because all of my clients were in cells on the bunks, all day, everyday, and many days while on sick, quarantine, and/or hypervigilant worried status.  This clip definitely is a bonus!  I'm grateful!  

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jill
(@jilltop10gmail-com)

The chakra discussion and session with Amber Badyari was really interesting. I enjoyed hearing what Amber is doing and how she's integrating healing centered yoga with all she is doing. The chakra meditation was really calming - I can see myself going back to that for centering.

Did Amber provide copies of the files she shared during the session? I'm particularly interested in the one that shows various postures aligning with the chakras.

Thanks!

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jilltop10gmail-com 

Hello Jill! Amber did share these resources. I will be adding them to the original topic above once I download them to my device. In the meantime I will email these resources to you. Thank you!!

ReplyQuote
(@hsu3521charter-net)

Hi Jen, Thank you so much for teaching us how to safely practices poses that can keep our fascia and connective tissues healthy on 9-5-23.  Your massage domo on how to flesh the lymph nodes and massage hands/feet are amazing.  Many AICs definitely can benefit from learning and applying these self-healing remedies to tending care to their bodies in the dorms, cells, or segs.  Many of my clients have long prison sentences; techniques like these are extremely valuable since they have no access to alternative medicines in rural area.  

This post was modified 8 months ago by Sarah

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsu3521charter-net)

10/04/23 today's training session has helped me to gain respect to everyone who shows up for yoga practice. Everyone has different body type; some may have restrictions due to medical or physical reasons.  A little cow chest stretch can be a Big stretch for a person who is recovering from mastectomy surgery. A warrior I pose front leg bend and stretch sometimes is not accessible for a person who has knee, leg, hip balance or coordination concerns.  Thanks so much for the fancy stylish wraps. It has helped me to gain awareness and respect to each individual's body and range of motion.    

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote