2 Users
1 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

2/22/24 Live Session Recording

Satya Slides

Trauma-Informed Sequencing Slides (Shared during 2/20 Bonus Session)

If you were unable to join the live session, please watch the recording as you are able and share your reflection as a reply to this thread. Please include your thoughts/reactions to the discussion of Satya (Truth) as well as share ideas you may have about offering movement and breath for Energetic Release and Dynamic Warm-up. Please feel free to welcome any additional thoughts you may have regarding the discussion of language and terminology used in some spaces. Please consider signing up for further discussion with office hours, or pose additional questions in your reply.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Jen

(@hstroud22outlook-com)

I really enjoyed listening to the recording this week about Truth. It brought up a lot of thoughts about what my truth is and how I have come to learn my truth. I discovered that my truth is an idea of what I have learned growing up. I am hoping to discover my true authentic truth but have been raised believing that looks, weight, financial success, and social connections are what makes us worthy. I have always been concerned with my weight and how I look. I am surrounded by people who believe this same truth. I have spent a lot of my life believing I am less than if my social status and economic status is less than others. I have a brother in law who lives a very affluent life where they no longer need to work and live in a very rich community. I have struggled to separate myself and find my own truth and worth. I constantly compare myself to them and what my worth. I have compared myself and my success in relation to how much they have. It has been a lose lose battle, as they have millions and flaunt that this determines success and worthiness. I grew up with a mother who broke free from her upbringing where she was raised in the school of thought about social and economic status means everything as well. My grandmother was always concerned about weight and appearance. It wasn't so much what mattered on the inside but how others viewed you on the outside that mattered. I know logically that this is absurd but when feelings of loneliness or separation come into play I always go back to how I may be unworthy in some form based on these "truths." It is hard with social media where we see people living their "best lives" and comparing my life to social media. Does it measure up to what I see? Friends who are constantly traveling or who have retired at the age of 45 due to financial freedom. I guess when I look at my truth I feel shame around how these false ideas of happiness has impacted me. Do no harm, but do no harm to myself through my thoughts has been a hard one to incorporate in my life. How do I be kind with myself and not be so hard on myself when I am "not measuring up" to the perceived notion of what happiness should look like. I am a work in progress and hope to feel some freedom from this and live with an open heart and feel loving kindness for others and for those who have more than as well without the envy.

Movement:

I would open up with a mantra of some sort. I would then engage in energetic release with some quick short in and out breaths. I would do some marching in place, deep compression or tapping on various body parts. 

Dynamic warm up would include some shoulder rolls, foot rolls, wrist rolls. I would engage in some spinal twists and hip rotation if participants were able.

Thank you for allowing me to share.

Heather Stroud

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

@hstroud22outlook-com Thank you, Heather! I connect with theses lived truths you share so strongly! This practice is truly a slow & steady daily reminder and reinforcement of letting go of harmful learned "truths" to begin to accept and find contentment with truths that nurture and nourish.

ReplyQuote