1 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

3/21/24 Live Session Recording

Guest Nicole Hellthaler's Slide Presentation

Saucha Slide Presentation

Welcome!! If you were unable to join live, please watch the recording as you are able. Consider watching with you notebook or journal to record any thoughts, questions, or reactions that may arise for you.

Please reflect on the Guest Presentation of Setting Expectations & Supporting Behavior in Programs. Please connect with me if you have questions for Nicole.

Please also share your thoughts on the discussion of Saucha (Purity/Clarity) including your initial impression of concepts/perspectives of "purity". How might this Niyama support you and those you serve?

This session ends with a demo of Integration & Relaxation with a short Yoga Nidra. Please share any questions you may have or observations of your experience.

Consider scheduling office hours to discuss any aspects of this session. You can schedule using this link.

Thank you!

(@heidiabensonyahoo-com)

Hello!

I was able to watch the recording, and I really loved the guest presenter!  It was very valuable information.  Some things I took from that presentation was the idea of stating at the beginning of class what participation looks like.  That seems like a more successful way to be proactive.  Also, I loved the discussion topics like "what is your favorite sauce".  It was also interesting to hear the reminder of how classes may be interrupted in places like prisons.  I know this is also the case in schools.  

Another topic that was discussed during the class that has been on my mind a lot lately was the topic of connecting to our gut instinct.  I have been thinking a lot about this, especially today.  I was at a yoga discussion and the teacher was talking about seeing things as they are and taking the time to respond rather than react.  I know for me, taking time isn't always the best strategy.  When I take time, I am able to over think and not connect to my intuition.  I often end up also having physical sensations and illnesses from not listening to my intuition. These things have been acid reflux, losing my voice, and lately, heel pain. I would like to learn and develop more my ability to speak truth with kindness.

I have noticed a great deal of inequality in my school environment.  Most of the families are immigrants and/or live in poverty.  The families do not know their rights, especially in the area of special education.  It feels often like the school takes advantage of this fact.  

I liked the hip openers, especially the belly down twist.  It is one of my favorite poses, especially with a bolster.

Jen reacted
ReplyQuote