2 Users
2 Likes
 Jen
(@jen-lindgren)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter  

4/25/24 Live Session Recording

Trauma-Informed Sequencing Support Template

Congratulations! This is the final required Thursday Session recording! If you were unable to attend live. please watch the recording and share your reflection in the threads below. Consider having a journal or notebook with you to capture any thoughts and/or questions that may arise throughout the session.

Please share your reactions to the centering statements that were shared at the start of the session. Please comment on at least one of the statements and feel welcome to share comments on as many as you feel connected to.

Please also comment on the discussion of Ayurveda practices for self care. Please connect with me if you have specific questions about this content that may not have been discussed. Also share any thoughts/questions or comments that may have presented to you during the discussion of Intentions and Themes!

If you have any remaining questions about any content offered in live session or in the training manual, please reach out!

Thank you for your time and dedication throughout this training. It is a gift to travel with you during this phase of your yoga journey and I look forward to the transition to celebration and then to sharing this practice as peers!

(@ahamiltonlowe)

When I read the words "I am becoming a trauma-informed yoga facilitator," I felt a little jolt pulse through my arms. The first word I wrote in my journal was "imposter."  The title feels too heavy, and I felt insecurity that when I identify myself as a trauma-informed yoga facilitator, people will have expectations for me that I am unable to fulfill, ask me questions about expertise I don't actually have. But then I paused and realized I was allowing fear (evil klesha!) to get in the way of acknowledging my growth. I may not feel confident in calling myself a trauma-informed yoga facilitator, but I do know that I have the ability to share a practice that can help people connect with their bodies. If I am able to guide them to the starting point of a path where they become open to exploring their own healing, that is enough.

I had some awareness of Aruveyda coming into the course. I used to subscribe to Yoga Journal, and the magazine would frequently include a feature on  Aruveyda diets to compliment the season of the year.  I also have a medical condition that causes poor circulation in my fingers and toes which makes me very sensitive to cold, and I take turmeric to 'warm' by body and increase circulation.  However, I didn't have an understanding of the doshas, and even after doing the reading in the online module, I didn't connect with the concepts until Jen illustrated doshas as stages of life. For all of my adult life, I have prided myself as a masterful multi-tasker.  I pursued a career in live radio and fed off the energy of meeting broadcast deadlines, so I immediately identified with Pitta. But at age 46, I've noticed that drive has waned. Deadlines cause me anxiety. I  don't want to multitask - I want to focus my energy on one thing at a time and soak in the experience. After a scheduling mistake, my husband teased this week, "I'm not going to be able to trust you anymore." My negative self talk has been telling me I'm 'losing my edge,' but after considering the dosha framework, I wonder if perhaps I'm at a stage of life where I'm shifting away from pure Pitta energy and into Vata.  Shifting my judgment away from 'you're failing' to a reflection of 'you're changing and coming into new awareness' feels empowering.

Lisa and Jen reacted
ReplyQuote